The UC Davis Retiree Center is a contact point for retirees of the University of California, Davis and for retirees from other campuses who live near Davis. Visit the Center’s home page for a description of programs and services.
- Retiree Identification (ID) Card
UC Davis ID cards are extended only to staff and emeritus faculty who retired from UC Davis and are receiving monthly benefits from University of California Retirement System (UCRS) or who elected a lump-sum cash out.
The retiree ID card, called an AggieCard, provides access to campus resources such as the library and discounts at campus venues.
You may obtain your retiree AggieCard in at the New Employee Onboarding Center location at the Transportation Services Building (TAPS) on the Davis campus. Schedule an appointment (click here or call phone number below) in order to secure a date/time to get your AggieCard. An appointment is required to get your new ID card. ID card processing is available Monday–Friday, 12:30 – 4:00 p.m. (PST).
You must show the following forms of identification:
- Photo ID
- Retirement confirmation letter (mailed from UCRS when retirement is confirmed) or direct deposit/SurePay pension statement (downloaded from the At Your Service website).
- If you have an existing Library Card please provide your Library bar code at the time you request your ID. We will transfer your privileges onto your employee ID; otherwise you will be issued a new library bar code.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Telephone: (530) 754-4772
- Retiree (RT) parking permits
Faculty and staff who have retired from UC Davis employment, as well as retirees from other UC campuses who join either the UC Davis Retirees’ Association or UC Davis Emeriti Association, can obtain a complimentary retiree (RT) parking permit. RT permits provide “A” parking privileges on the UC Davis campus and “B” parking privileges at the UC Davis Health System. If a retiree should return to work as an employee of UC Davis, he/she is no longer eligible for this type of permit. Parking map, Davis Campus. Parking map, Sacramento campus.
Permits can be obtained at the Transportation and Parking Services Office (TAPS) on the Davis campus. For those who are unable to travel to the Davis campus during business hours, permits may be requested via e-mail or fax. For all three options, the following forms of identification must be provided at the time of request:
- Driver’s license; AND
- AggieCard (obtained from the AggieCard Office; see above) OR Retirement confirmation letter (mailed from UCRS when retirement is confirmed) OR direct deposit/SurePay pension statement (downloaded from “At Your Service Online” website).
TAPS is located near the northwest corner of the West Entry Parking Structure on Hutchinson Drive Map. Download a map that shows directions, parking and walking instructions for TAPS and the AggieCard office in the MU. For more information, contact TAPS directly at:
Telephone: (530) 752-8277
Facsimile: (530) 752-8875
- Retiree email
Davis campus emeriti/ae—emeriti/ae may arrange with their department to retain their UC Davis email addresses.
Davis campus retired staff—within 90 days of retirement, staff may apply for an optional and complimentary service that will forward firstname.lastname@example.org email to an external email address (e.g., email@example.com).
Sacramento campus faculty and physicians emeriti/ae—emeriti/ae with a business purpose may arrange with their department to retain their UC Davis email addresses.
Sacramento Campus Retired Staff—Unfortunately, email accounts for health system retired staff are disabled upon retirement due to HIPAA regulations and there is no provision for continued email for retired UCDHS staff.
For more information, contact the IT Express Computing Help Desk directly at:
Telephone: (530) 754-HELP (4357)
- UC Davis libraries
Retirees are eligible for similar levels of services as when they were current employees. An exception is access to certain online references for most retired staff, due to licensing costs. A library bar code will be applied to the retiree's AggieCard. Privileges for retired staff must be renewed annually; privileges for emeritus/a faculty do not expire. For more information, contact the library directly at:
Telephone: (530) 752-6561
- Department of Campus Recreation and Unions (CRU)
Retirees are eligible to purchase Campus Recreation and Unions (CRU) memberships to the Activities and Recreation Center (ARC) on the Davis campus. The ARC includes a full-service fitness center, and offers a variety of fitness classes including “Fit for Life” classes for adults aged 55 and up. A CRU membership also provides discounts for all units within the department, including the Recreation Pool, Craft Center, Equestrian Center and Outdoor Adventures. For more information, contact CRU directly at:
Telephone: (530) 752-1730
- Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts
The Robert and Margrit Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts in Davis explores the full range of the performing arts in their world-class performance facilities. The following discounts are offered to both current and retired faculty, academics and staff:
- Season tickets—30% off the regular ticket price
- Choose your own tickets—25% off the regular ticket price
- Individual events—10% off the regular ticket price
For more information, contact the Mondavi Center directly at:
Telephone: (530) 754-ARTS (2787)
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI)
OLLI, a unit within University Extension, offers quality, affordable courses and events for adults living in Davis and nearby communities. OLLI currently offers free membership for UC Davis Retirees’ Association and UC Davis Emeriti Association members.
For more information, or to volunteer as a teacher, contact OLLI at:
Telephone: (530) 757-8777
- Staff pins
Retirees can purchase a staff pin from Staff Assembly, which provides a variety of discounts on and off-campus and supports the Staff Dependent Scholarship Program. For more information, contact Staff Assembly directly at:
Telephone: (530) 752-0988
- Dining Services
Retirees are eligible for several discount programs for on-campus dining:
- Retirees can purchase an AggieCash card, which entitles them to a 10% discount at any participating dining establishment on campus, including Starbucks Coffee at the ARC. AggieCash is a declining debit card that can be refilled. Learn more about AggieCash at www.myaggiecash.com
- Retirees can also purchase a Staff Assembly pin for $5, and then wear the pin to any participating dining establishment on campus to receive a 10% discount. The discount is in addition to any other discount. For example, if AggieCash is used as the form of payment by someone wearing their Staff Pin, they will receive 20% off their food or beverage purchase.
For information, contact Sodexo directly at:
Telephone: (530) 752-6870
- Community Practice for Small Animals (School of Veterinary Medicine)
UC Davis and UC Davis Health System staff, faculty, adademics and retirees all receive a 10% discount for pet care and supplies in the community practice or anywhere else in the teaching hospital.
Telephone - Small Animal Clinic: (530) 752-1393
The Unitrans bus system services the UC Davis campus and the City of Davis. Buses run every weekday from 7 am-11 pm, and Saturdays from 9 am-6 pm. Anyone 60 years of age or older can ride the busses for free, with a pass that can be obtained from the UC Davis Retiree Center or the City of Davis’ Senior Center. For more information, contact Unitrans directly at:
Telephone: (530) 752-BUSS (2877)