Retiree Resource Fair
Information for tomorrow: July 14, 2016
We continue to accept last-minute registrations. If you wish to attend, please email the Retiree Center. Below are the confirmation details for the event.
Thank you for registering for the Retiree Center’s Retiree Resource Fair, which is scheduled for Thursday, July 14, 9 – 11:30 a.m. (see suggested arrival times below). The event will be held on the Davis campus. You will want to park in the parking structure (see instructions below) if you are going to be obtaining a campus parking permit. After parking you will proceed to the Transportation and Parking Services (TAPS) Office to obtain your retiree parking permit and then proceed to the Activities and Recreation Center (ARC) for the fair. In addition to getting your parking permit and retiree AggieCard ID card, you can get information from a variety of Retiree Center partner organizations that offer services for retirees and/or utilize retirees as volunteers (see below).
If you have eye glasses that are no longer the correct prescription, or that you are no longer using, we gladly accept eye glasses on behalf of Vision Service Plan who distributes the glasses to people in need. Please feel free to bring eyeglasses (no cases please) to the Resource Fair with you.
If your plans have changed and you can no longer attend the event, please email to cancel your reservation.
Most people spend about one hour at the event. To prevent long wait times in key areas, we have asked that you arrive within the following times if you can. We understand some of you may have other commitments and will not be able to arrive during the times indicated, there is no need to let us know if you need to come at a different time:
We encourage all new retirees to join the UC Davis Retirees’ Association (UCDRA) or the UC Davis Emeriti Association (UCDEA), both of which are all-volunteer organizations that advocate for retiree benefits and provide programs for their members. UCDRA dues are just $15 for an annual membership or $125 for a lifetime membership. UCDEA dues are just $25 for an annual membership or $200 for a lifetime membership. To join online using a credit card, click here for the UCDRA (retirees’ association) and click here for the UCDEA (emeriti association). You can also join at the Resource Fair if you prefer. If you prefer pay by cash or check, please download the UCDRA membership form or UCDEA membership form, complete it and bring it with your payment to the event.
Driving/parking: For those who are not familiar with the Davis campus, click here for print-friendly driving and parking instructions. If coming from Hwy 80/CA 113, watch for the “Retiree Event” signs after exiting highway 113 and follow them to the parking structure.
At the Pavilion Parking Structure: temporary parking passes, valid until noon only on July 14, will be provided. You may download and print, or a volunteer will be available at the entrance of the Pavilion Parking Structure, at the corner of Hutchison Drive and Dairy Road. These permits allow you topark on levels 3 through 6 only, 8 a.m. until noon. After parking, take the elevator or stairs to the ground level of the parking structure. There are several elevators located in the structure. Follow the event signs to the Transportation and Parking Services (TAPS) office (the office is easiest to get to if you exit the structure on the west side) to get your retiree RT parking permit.
After obtaining your RT permit at the TAPS office: follow the event signs along the path to the north entrance of the ARC. A convenience shuttle will run continuous loops between the TAPS office and the ARC for those who prefer to ride.
If you already have a retiree parking permit, you may park in lot 25, adjacent to the ARC, and proceed directly to the resource fair.
- Date: Thursday, July 14, 2016
- Time: 9 – 11:30 a.m. (staggered arrival times will be assigned)
- Location: TAPS (Transportation and Parking Services) and ARC (Activities and Recreation Center) Ballrooms
- Parking: Pavilion Parking Structure (see instructions below)
- Registration required: Please be certain to provide your post-retirement email when registering. Registration will be available by June.
- Get your RT parking permit (yes, retirees get free parking, more information)
- Request you AggieCard retiree ID
- Learn about the UC Davis Retiree Center
- Join the UC Davis Emeriti Association and/or UC Davis Retirees' Association
- Meet campus departments and community organizations that provide services or offer volunteer opportunities for older adults
- If you do not have a campus parking permit, you may obtain one at the event. You must park in the Pavilion Parking Structure, and special instructions will be provided. You will be given a 3-hour temporary permit, valid until 12:30 that day.
- If you already have a parking permit, and do not need a retiree ID, you may park in Lot 25, adjacent to the Activities and Recreation Center (ARC). Directions to Lot 25.
Departments and community organizations represented in the 2016 Resource Fair:
|UC Davis IT Express (email forwarding)|
|UC Davis Retiree Center
|University Retirement Community, Davis|
Woodland Hearing Aid Services, Inc. (no website)