It has been said that the Retiree Holiday Luncheon launches the holiday season. Register early; space is limited.
The UC Davis Retiree Center appreciates the importance of retired staff and faculty to the university, and their status as lifelong members of the UC Davis family.
- Open Enrollment continues until 5 p.m. November 25, 2014. The UC Davis Retiree Center is working with the UC Davis Health Care Facilitator to bring information to retirees during the Open Enrollment period. Open Enrollment booklet for Retirees.
- New Dimensions Fall 2014 also contains articles regarding Open Enrollment for retirees.
- Fall 2014 CenterNews newsletter is now available.
- UC FOCUS 2014. The new issue of FOCUS is online now. Articles that might be of interest include Get Ready for Minimum Required Distributions and UC Announces Fund Changes
The Retiree Center currently provides the following programs and services to retirees, and employees preparing for retirement, at the UC Davis and UC Davis Health System locations:
- Serves as a campus connection
The Center serves as an official unit representing the needs of retirees to the campus.
- Supports the work of the Emeriti and Retirees’ Associations
The Center provides support to the UC Davis Emeriti Association (UCDEA) and the UC Davis Retirees’ Association (UCDRA), both of which provide educational programs and advocate for retirees at both the university and state levels. Monthly luncheon seminars focus on university happenings as well as retiree issues. The UCDEA’s video records project preserves the insights of retired faculty on DVD.
- Plans social/educational programs
The Center plans a variety of social events and educational programs for retirees. Social activities provide opportunities to reconnect with colleagues. Quarterly day trips allow retirees to travel to regional sites with ease. Educational programs keep retirees abreast of important issues. The Center's Activities page lists upcoming events and trips.
- Connects retirees with campus volunteer opportunities
Retirees can serve the Center by joining the Center's advisory committee or assisting with events or administrative tasks. The Center's Volunteer Opportunities page contains links to volunteer opportunities across UC Davis and the UC Davis health system.
- Provides information and referrals
The Center provides information and referrals to professional resources. The Center's Resources page links to many local and national governmental resources such as Medicare and Social Security, as well as a variety of community agencies.
- Assists with pre-retirement planning
The Center coordinates with other offices at both Davis and the health system to provide and publicize pre-retirement planning and counseling programs for current employees.